Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to Feelin' Stronger Every Day!

Come along with me as I blog about working out, eating low-carb, utilizing protein supplements, and losing weight. I'm a regular person -- the only amazing thing I have done is given birth to five babies whose combined birth weight exceeded FIFTY pounds. Just like everyone else, I have to figure out how to take care of my body in a very busy lifestyle. Just like everyone else, I have days I am strong and days when I am not quite so strong. And just like everyone else, I want to be healthy, look good, and feel strong. Join me in my journey.

Many people start exercise programs as a result of a New Years' resolution, but not me. I seem to be in a perpetual mode of looking at my life, finding a need for improvement and figuring out a way to take some forward steps. I think having a mindset of constantly learning and improving keeps me young. The other side of the coin is there are a lot of areas in my life that can use improvement!

I first got the inspiration to hire a personal trainer in the spring of 2002. I saw an advertisement in the Cincinnati magazine with before and after pictures of clients of Power3. I definitely looked more like the before pics, so decided I'd try it out. I clicked with my trainer, Aaron, and lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks! At the time, it was fine with me to lose weight that fast, and I really enjoyed being thinner. More about that later.

Today's workout was a full-body workout with my trainer, Jason Michel, at Power3. I highly recommend him.

Today's weight: 157.
Today's water intake goal: 1.5 gallons.
Most recent meal: 1/2 sweet potato, 4 ounces chicken breast, 1 1/2 cups green beans.
(good for post workout meal)
Cardio after workout: 30 minutes interval training on treadmill with 5 minute cooldown.
Listened to during workout: nothing today. I really wanted to focus on the exercise.
Feelin' Stronger Today? definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment