Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two Steps Forward, One Point Five Steps Back

You know those five babies I told you about in my first post? Well, they are growing into children who still seem to need all kinds of things from their mother. Hence, the lack of posts lately. I can't blame it all on them, but I can sure try.

So, there have been all kinds of days since I last wrote, with many of them seeing very good nutrition as well as cardio and workouts. However, over the weekend, there was some big emotional stuff going on as we had the funeral of my father on Sunday.

Last evening, after eating well all day, I just really had to have some Special K. I don't know whether it was a physical need, or an emotional one, but I often find that I get to a place when I am eating high protein that NOTHING will do but carbs.

Those two bowls of Special K were just what I wanted and they seemed to satisfy whatever hunger I was feeding. Back on the wagon this morning, and making sure my response to last night is to just give myself grace. Perfection is not the goal!

Looking forward to my workout today.

Feeling stronger today? A tentative yes this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment